Saturday, January 23, 2010

39 weeks preggo!



Today is Saturday and Monday I will be 40 weeks. Still the baby is nice and warm and cozy and not really ready to come out yet. I go to the Dr. on Monday and hopefully will be induced Monday night, but dont want to have another C-section. I have read all the pros and cons of getting induced if the baby is not ready. I am hesitant but am sooooo done being pregnant. If you have a story either way (good or bad) please share. My sister in law Mandy is two weeks behind me. It has been so fun to be pregnant with her and share all the lovely things that come with it.

7 comments:

Kalli said...

Bless your pregnant hearts! You look great.

I was induced almost 2 weeks early with S., and it went easy as pie. However, being two weeks early AND a first time mother I knew that it upped my C-section risk considerably. But my body was ready, I walked into L&D dilated to a 4 and regularly contracting, the nurses said I probably would have gone into labor that weekend by myself anyway. A short7.5 hours later he was out, no biggie!

You can do it! If your doc thinks your body can handle an induction and you feel it's the way to go than do it. Trust your instincts!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

wow talk about timing! I am 40 weeks preggs on monday too!!! I don't have any induction stories of my own, but it scares me so I just won't, unless I go over 10 days I guess. Anyways you look GREAT--and goodluck with everything!!

Deb said...

were both of your boys c-sections? my first was, then I had a vbac with Dane.

Cat and Blake Potter said...

by the way I'm a Bergeron, I just thought of that, you were probs wondering whot his was!...and my blog is private. My email is canadiagrl85@hotmail.com if you guys want an invite.

Tara said...

Hey Stace,
If I were you I would hold off getting induce unless you are pretty fully effaced and already dialating. But on the other hand...your body knows what labor is like. Just listen to all your doc has to say.

Stephanie said...

I love seeing you and Mandy cute and pregnant. You are both glowing!

Leah said...

You do look great!! I was induced with two of my girls and both went great. I got induced with Annie (#1) 10 days early and was not dilated at all, maybe a one and had her 9 hours later, no problems or anything. Then with Madelyn (#3), Kurt was going to be gone the weekend I was due, so I talked my doctor into inducing me early and he was happy to do it almost 2 weeks early. I think I was at a 2ish or something like that and same story, no problems and no pushing. I got my epidural early and hardly felt anything and then she slid right out about 7 hours later. So, good luck! Maybe you've already had the baby and if you have congrats! cant' wait to hear the story