So this is the way the story goes...
Right when I found out I was pregnant I new that I did not want to have another C-section. I know I wanted to try and have a VBAC....(the natural way) but I knew that sometimes (about 50/50) it would end up in a c-section. As months went by and I became large and in charge with this belly of mine I became more and more nervous. Hitting the 38, 39 and 40 week marks of pregnancy I then became impatient. I had never been pregnant longer than 37 weeks. Both older boys came early on their own. I was a bit spoiled and didn't know what being 40 weeks pregnant was like. Well little Brody made me find out. During the last week of being totally over pregnancy, I had Chris give me a blessing to help me decide how long to go over 40 weeks before just relenting and scheduling a c-section. This was a Sunday night and in his blessing he said to hang in there a few more days. What did that mean? Wait until 41 weeks? wait until when?? Thursday rolled around and I found that a "few" days, which he said had passed and when I went to the Dr,. being dilated to a one (still) I decided to schedule the c-section for the next day, Friday. The hospital only had 5 pm. which was fine, but meant I had to fast all day. Friday came and it was like any other day. Took the boys to the park with some friends, came home, to finish writing the list to the babysitter watching Jack and Mitch, my mom got here and we were set to go. I had been feeling a few contractions (which I went to the hospital a few weeks before thinking I was in labor, which was such a waste of time and embarrassing on your third kid) but nothing super severe. I had to check into the hospital at 3pm. While driving to the hospital the contractions got stronger and stronger leaving me holding the hand rail above the seat. I told Chris these seemed like real ones and a little stronger than before. So we got to the hospital and instead of having a c-section at 5pm. I was in labor and was able to have a natural (with epidural) delivery. Brody was born at 1:30am and my prayers had been answered. I mean what are the chances of going into labor on your way to surgery. I know that my prayers had been answered, even if it wasn't until the final hour. I had a great birthing experience, even though he was 9 lb. 9 oz. It truly was MY little miracle. Brody is one week old and I am so happy to add another little boy to our clan.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Brody Wright Circuit
Posted by Circuit Fam at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Congratulations again to you and Chris! Brody is adorable and I can't wait to meet him! If you need anything at all, please let me know. Mason still wants him to come over for a play date too :)
Congratulations Stace and Chris! What a beautiful family...I'd love to get together sometime! Stace you are awesome...3 boys, WOW! Take care!
Congratulations Stace! He is so cute!
Congratulations!!!! He is adorable and I love the name Brody. It's one we have considered if this one is a boy. I'm so glad you were able to deliver VBAC. Lucky girl!!! I'm jealous. Love ya.
so happy for you and the rest of the family. i love your miracle story. he is adorable. love ya.
COngrats on the perfect little (BIG) addition! =) SO happy you got to do a VBAC...lucky girl!
congratulations on brody's eventful arrival! i'm so glad that you had the birth experience that you were praying for. i'm over 37 weeks now and your story has given me hope that i'll have the birth experience i'm praying for too :) brody is so darling, all of you look great. we had the name brody on our boy list too - so jealous your husband was ammenable to it, as mine was not...
congrats again! i hope you are recovering and adjusting well!
CONGRATS!!! Your Circuit boys are the cutest! I am so happy for you having to wait that whole time and just feeling like you had to have it out of your hands! As a resident control freak i would have probably scheduled the dang C-section weeks before just out of impatience! You are a superstar!
so cute! what a great story! your three boys can hook up with my three girls- although mine are a little older:) congrats to you and chris!
He is so darling! We are so happy for you guys. I'm so glad you were able to go into labor and deliver VBAC. What a miracle!
congrats to you guys!!! Brody is just beautiful!! that is a great story and I am so glad you got to have your miracle of having a VBAC. Hope all is still going well
I love your story and testimony. I love the name! I love his little face. Congratulations!!
Post a Comment