Monday, July 14, 2008

Breech Baby...

I would love for anyone to share advice turning a breech baby. I am 37 weeks along and found out on Wednesday that the baby is breech. I have received a blessing, swam in a pool doing somersaults & walking on my hands, and tried jin shin jytsue (sp) (acupressure). Of course their are many things I can try, but does anyone have any first hand experiences that worked?? I don't want a c-section. (If this is worst case scenario, I know it will be fine, but I want this guy the other way. :)

12 comments:

becky said...

oh stac! unfortunately i don't have any advise, but wanted you to know that i am thinking about you.

good luck!

Stephanie said...

Has your doctor given you the option of trying to turn the baby with a version? Derek was breech and my doctor tried this before going for the c-section. I know the odds aren't great and it can be painful, but it worked for me. There are risks involved, but something to research and think about. Call me if you need to talk or commiserate. I know how you feel!!!

Deb said...

sorry, no experience with that, but just wanted to say that I preferred my c-section over my VBAC. Was your first a C? It's seriously not bad, but I do understand wanting to avoid it....
Good luck!!
D

Tara said...

Hey Stace...My sister tried accupuncture and swears it worked. She also has a bunch of friends who swear by it too. Give it a try. Anything is worth a try to avoid a section. Both of mine were sections. Good Luck. Let me know.

Kalli Ko said...

I got depressed for you when Kari told me. I have no advice. My kid has been burrowing his head into my pelvis for the past month now and I sure hope he stays that way.

What about a structural massage? (my cuz in SLC is a structural massage therapist. It's muscles and connective tissues and stuff) See if the therapist can turn him AND send you into labor. Double bonus.

Jenner said...

my sisters first one was breech and she turned on her own like the day before she went into labor! so it could happen. and if it is a c-section, its not that bad. you are pretty tough, you could handle it. good luck!

Unknown said...

I have no advice for you on the subject. However I just hung out with Cubby James and he was raving about you and Chris. He thinks you guys are the greatest, and couldn't say enough nice things about the both of you. Just thought you should know.

Lisa Call said...

Stac, sorry we missed you last week, I definitely understand. Anyway, sure hope little Mitch turns his sweet baby butt around.... we should have a fast for you in August?! Miss you, hope all is well.

Beth Davis said...

Count me in if you do a fast! I'm like the majority here with no advice, but just know I do love you guys and Mitch will be in my prayers- definitely:-)

The Fago Family said...

Hey Stacie! So sorry to hear! In my hypnobirthing class they had a situation of a girl who had the same problem. She said that the Doctor actually turned the baby... with breathing and massage. I can give you my instructor's number if you need advice. I am loving motherhood! It's the best! I miss you! Rene Potter and I are gonna plan a girl's night. We will send an evite out. Hope you are feeling up to it! :) Talk to you soon - Amy

Anonymous said...

Stace,
How frustrating, but make the most of it. Just think, if you deliver breech you'll look like a mutant with 4 legs in the air for a second. Chris....take us all a picture!

Jeffrey, Meri, and Thomas said...

Stace, sorry to hear your babe is breech! Crazy to hear, I know...I did a lot of research on the net because I had no clue what it was! My son was breech...my doc tried to turn him (OUCH...it HURTS)...but he wouldn't budge...so I ended up having a c-section! Call me so we can chat!
Good Luck...thinking about you!